Today is the first day that I have managed to get on my longarm
since AMQ Festival which was the beginning of October. How bad is that?!!... I have been having
withdrawal symptoms. I feel so much better for playing around and putting
into practice what I learned at AMQ.
I have been practicing on paper and couldn't wait to
get to the machine and today I did it.
My C Curve feathers
I am really pleased with how these turned out, a few little
hitches here and there but I'm sure with more practice this will
Today I tried the hump and bump way of doing these feathers
and I found that they bedded together better and had a nicer shape, so I think
I'll be changing to this way.
Can't wait for tomorrow to do some more practicing.
Today is my first Blogaversary, 1 year, boy has that flown by. I have
achieved alot in the last year quilting, even though life has been hectic, but I have met alot of great
people and made some new friends near and far.
But the best thing is the inspiration from all the great things that you girls
are doing or have done, at times I find myself so inspired that getting to
sleep is a problem.
I love seeing all the new ideas, tutorials, and the latest fabrics, it's absolutely
I have really enjoyed my first year in blogland and look forward to many more.
So I am having a give away, a Jelly Roll, Simplicity by 3
Sisters, plus some other bits and pieces, but that's a surprise for the winner.
All you have to do is :-
1. Become a follower or mention that you already are a follower, for one entry.
2. Post about the giveaway on your blog for second entry.
(Dont forget to leave a second comment if you do this)
and the winner will by drawn by
true random number generator on the 30th September, 2010.
I was lucky enough to be invited by Pam Phillips of CIKA (Cancer in Kids) to the Girls Day Out run by the auxiliaries for the Royal Childrens Hospital.
This was a workshop on different craft projects so as to raise money for the different auxiliaries.
We were lucky enough in the morning to be presented with a 3D presentation of what the hospital will
look like and the facilities, I have to admit that I was blown away with what this hospital will have to offer,
they have taken every aspect into account for the patients, parents, doctors, nurses etc. I think the main thing
is everything is accessible to the kids so even the toddlers can see out the windows as they are virtually
floor to ceiling height and 80% of the rooms will have a view to the natural parklands and the remaining 20% will have views to Garden courtyards add to that, all rooms have internet access and movies available 24/7, provisions for parents to stay, plus 2 storey aquarium with sharks and shark feeding maintained by Melbourne Aquaruium, Motel, IGA Supermarket, Increased parking, possible meerkat enclosure, playgrounds and access to outside from all levels, this is just a few of the many facilities. This is so amazing and we are fortunate enough to have this great hospital opening up at the end of next year. With completion of the whole project in 2014.
take a class with her last Thursday. We were all learning the raw edge applique technique with your darning foot on your machine. After a few @#$% words and groans we all managed to get the knack of it.
Wish you were here! cushion
This was our practice piece for the class. Next class we will be learning how
to quilt the background on our domestic machines.This will be the most challenging
Well its been so long since I last blogged, life has been busy and unfortunately there hasn't been much time for quilting. I think I have over committed myself with different projects but hey!! I'm having fun so who cares right!
My 7th and 8th Block in the Jelly Roll Quilt-a-Long
This one is quite bright, I can't wait to see this quilt put together.
My house stitchery is completed finally, this one was a biggen, now onto