Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Gardener's Journal


I have joined A Gardener's Journal Stitch a long, I have had this book by Annie Downs from Hatched and Patched for quite some time 
and have always wanted to make this quilt but time has not been on my side, then when I saw Chookyblue's blog about the stitch a long I knew this was my motivation. I did hesitate to join as I am worried I
may lag behind as stitching is not my strong point (I'd rather do it on the machine).

Have a look at the Stitch a long Blog and follow us on our Journey, you may even
join us, the more the merrier..right!!

The fabrics I have chosen are Whimsy and I was busy at spotlight this morning
picking all my threads. so I'm ready to go.

I was so excited once I made the decision that I was awake at 3.50am thinking
about this quilt.  Nuts.... I know!!

Anyway
Happy Quilting!!

3 comments:

Quilts on Bastings said...

You are getting into a lot of different projects - great fun! Don't lose sleep over it though!

Cubby House Crafts said...

Just love your fabric choice! I have to admit that I have been going off to sleep with thoughts of the Garden Journal stitch along...it is soo exciting! Am really looking forward to seeing your quilt finished in your beautiful fabrics and stitching along with you!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy. Catching up on the week's worth of posts on the group blog. Love your fabric/thread choices, very pretty. I'm looking forward to stitching-a-long and seeing all the finished quilts.