Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sunflower Quilt

Finally, I did it.... this quilt was given to me by my girlfriend Jeanne to quilt, I have taken my time with this quilt as firstly, I had no idea how to quilt it and secondly, being fairly new to machine quilting, I didn't want to muck it up...its very nerve racking on other peoples quilts....




So I kept it fairly simple and did pebbles in the flowers centres , stipple as the background and 1"piano keys in the borders, I was really unsure what to do in the large triangles, so being sunflowers I did large suns, all in all it turned out better than I expected and Jeanne was very happy with her quilt.




Keep on Quilting!!

2 comments:

Quilts on Bastings said...

Hi Mandy,
I love what you have done on the sun-flowers, the quilt looks great.

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

Hi Mandy,

You're quilting is just devine!! I'm sure your friend Jeanne will be very pleased with the end result - her quilt is lovely.