Monday, October 12, 2009

Bloggers Quilt Festival

I have decided to join the Park City Girl: Quilt Festival - Fall 2009, deciding which quilt took some time (as I have many favorites) but I have chosen this one. I made this for my mum for her birthday as she loves blue and soon as I saw it I knew it was for her. Its called Fluttering Butterflies by Lee French and Quilted by Liz Willing (before I was into long arm machine quilting!!).

I like the illusion that the butterflies are weaving in and out of the strip piecing, and the bias binding was sewn on with a twin needle. Liz quilted edge to edge butterflies to add to the quilt.



I am very happy with the end result and pleased to report that it lives on mums bed!!

18 comments:

Quilts on Bastings said...

What a beautiful quilt - very elegant. I love blue and white quilts. I hope you are enjoying the Blogger's Quilt Festival.

Nina Marie said...

great quilt - I love that you limited the colors to blue and white!

Mom said...

What a great quilt!
Thanks for sharing,
Margaret
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Drucilla's Stitches said...

I love the butterflies, gorgeous quilt!!

Carol said...

I love butterflies. This is very pretty.

Unknown said...

That is so pretty, fine, feminine, yet strong. Very beautiful

Kate said...

Nice job! The butterflies remind me of mom and my Grammy who are both passed but still very much thought of. :) Cheers!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

A charmer of a quilt

Allie said...

Beautiful quilt. I love the butterflies!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful - has a very "Delft" feel to it.

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful Quilt. Love the colors, love the fabrics, love the design. And, I love the butterflies. Inspirational.

Thanks for sharing and for participating in the Bloggers Quilt Festival.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Kriza said...

beautiful quilt, so fresh and breezy with this combination of blue and white. I love it!
Kristina

Dolly said...

That's so pretty, it must just make the whole room brighter !

QuiltSue said...

A really pretty quilt.

Miri said...

Beautiful!

Diane said...

this is beautiful! I love the blue and white...

Casey said...

What a pretty quilt. I love the pattern.

Anonymous said...

fantastic!!