Saturday, June 21, 2014

Briar Rose


Last night I had the pleasure
of returning Dawns quilt to her
after I quilted it.

It was such a pleasure quilting this quilt, its called
Briar Rose and you can find a free tutorial here at

Dawn made this from a batik Jelly roll and white homespun.



I quilted this on my APQS handguided machine, I statrted by
outlining all the white blocks with a 1/4 inch border. I then made a template
for the centre stems and copied to each block before I quilted the feathers.

 I then did line dancing in all the square blocks followed by
a meandering feather around the edge.



The back was just as good as the front but this picture doesn't do it justice
I just did simple ruler work in the outer border.

Corner Border

You can go and see more about this quilt on Dawns Blog
http://sewmuchtoquilt.blogspot.com.au/

I was really happy with how this turned out and am ready to tackle
my next quilt.

Happy Quilting!!

8 comments:

Quilts on Bastings said...

Stunning Mandy and Dawn! You have worked together to make a fantastic quilt - love the quilting Mandy.

Dawn said...

Fantastic quilting, wonder who made the quilt top...... Oh it was me! Great teamwork to make a work of art.

Chookyblue...... said...

gorgeous quilting........

Lori S said...

Your quilting choices for this one are just perfect. Love how it turned out!

ethereal said...

What a beautiful quilt made by the two of you! Love the pattern, but your quilting turned it into a masterpiece!

Shontelle said...

Mandy, that quilt is a masterpiece! Well done!

Fiona said...

stunning quilting... I love it...
Hugz

Carole @ Fresh off the Frame said...

Looks amazing! What did you use for batting? Beautiful work.