Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Daisy Baby


Well it won't be long now till the first bubby arrives, I think
the 19th May is the due date, we still dont know
what sex the baby is but I have one quilt ready.


Obviously suitable for a girl..............still working
on the boy quilt!

Fabric is Hushabye by Tula Pink, perfect for a little
girl

I made this quilt from a 5" Charm Pack x 2, by just measuring
in an inch from each side and cutting to the corners to create
the tumbler shape.
Very Easy.

I just thought after I had sewn it together that it needed a little
someting so I added the daisies using the raw edge
applique technique

I have quilted an edge to edge pattern called
Splat by Anne Bright

So heres hoping one of my nieces has a girl.

Hugs!
Mandy

4 comments:

rosie said...

That's a beautiful baby quilt Mandy, I still have to make one for my grandbaby, and I only have a few days to go!!!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

What a darling baby quilt. The addition of the daisies was a fantastic idea!!

Susie said...

what a gorgeous quilt! Unusual design - I haven't seen before. Very clever. I need to get going on mine - friend due in three weeks! You have inspired me once again!
Thank you
Susie

Yogurt Recipes said...

Great blog you have hhere