Saturday, April 24, 2010

Flower Power

Well I have finally finished putting the binding onto this quilt.

This is a pattern by Sharon Wilkinson of  Stitching Patch called Flower Power, I have made this quilt for
a friend to give as a wedding present which will be going to London to live.


I am really pleased with the way this quilt has turned out I love the colours that
Lillian has chosen . I have quilted some line dancing in the 2 1/2" squares 
and feathers in the outer border. I wasn't to keen to do stipple but it looks fine and I was on a time limit
as this quilt is leaving Australia on Sunday.

The back of the quilt is just plain white



Happy Quilting!!

13 comments:

Cubby House Crafts said...

Your quilt is just gorgeous...you must be a bit sad to part with it!
Lisa

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

Hi Mandy!
This quilt is absolutely G O R G E O U S ! ! ! ! As always, your quilting sets it off beautifully. AND THOSE APPLIQUE FLOWERS!! I am so keen to have a go at raw edge applique, this quilt just makes me want to start right now!!! The whole thing is just lovely!

Happy Sewing!

Quilts on Bastings said...

Great job Mandy - what a wonderful quilt.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Your quilt turned out gorgeous! I love the colors.

Suzanne said...

Beautiful. Makes me want to do an applique quilt too.

Liz said...

It's lovely Mandy, well done and I love the colours, beautiful...
Lizzie
xxx

Anita said...

Hi Mandy, your quilt is stunning and I love the back of the quilt done in white. It looks lovely both sides! I wouldn't like to have to part with that one. Kind regards, Anita.

Chookyblue...... said...

your quilt looks beautiful.........I am sure the recipient will LOVE it........

Wendy said...

Super cute!

Dena said...

This is a lovely quilt. I love the fabric palette and your quilting is beautiful.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hi Mandy--what an awesome quilt--I just love it--the colors are perfect for me--AH--you did say you were sending it to the states to me didn't you!!!!!!
I am just visiting your site and it is a very pretty one--love all your pictures--you do a great job--so I will be back-------
Hugs, Di

Khris said...

Truly awesome...well done...bet you are thrilled with it...hugs Khris

ladybugquilting said...

Love It!
Your work is Beautiful!